Homemade Coconut Milk is quick, simple and cost-effective! It's also a great way to enjoy Coconut Milk with less fat.
When it comes to coconut, most people either love it or hate it. If you're a coconut lover, you probably have a few go-to recipes that call for coconut milk.
The good news is that making Homemade Coconut Milk is quite a simple task! Plus, it's much quicker than making cashew and almond milk since soaking is not necessary!
You can soak your shredded coconut in warm water for five to ten minutes. However, if you have a powerful blender, you can skip that step and blend it up right up with warm water.
I should note that since Homemade Coconut Milk is made with shredded coconut, it contains less fat than canned. So, it doesn't work well for making things like yogurt. Full fat coconut milk is best for that, or check out this Cultured Cashew Yogurt recipe.
Homemade Coconut Milk is a nutritious plant-based milk that's great for adding to coffee, hot chocolate and smoothies! Plus, it's keto friendly, gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 1 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut / Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 2 cups Filtered / Spring Water
- Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Once heated, pour the water over the coconut and let cool.
- Add the water and coconut to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour through a nut milk bag/cloth.
- Use for baking, cooking and making your favourite drinks!