This Coconut Lime Soup is refreshing, delicious and full of nutritional goodness! It's the perfect way to warm up during those early days of spring.
"You put the lime in the coconut, and you drink em' both together. You put the lime in the coconut, and you'll feel better." We all know that famous song by Harry Nilsson, but did you know that both lime and coconut really do possess some pretty amazing health benefits?!
Turns out, this song actually does hold some merit. Plus, it's fun to sing while making this delicious plant-based soup!
This is my healthy little twist on Thai coconut soup. It's a great choice for springtime when there's still a chill in the air, but we're also no longer craving the heavy, hearty meals that get us through the winter. It's warm, comforting and light! The lime gives it a refreshing zest, while the coconut milk is full of health-promoting satiating fats, leaving you feeling full but not stuffed.
Health Benefits of Coconut Lime Soup
- Antibacterial Properties
- Antiviral Properties
- Excellent Source of Vitamin C
- High in antioxidants
- Can Increase White Blood Cell Activity
- Antiviral & Antibacterial Properties
- Excellent Source of Health-Promoting, Medium Chain Fatty Acids
- Great Source of Manganese, Molybdenum, copper and zinc
- Has a Positive Impact on HDL (Good Cholesterol) Levels
THIS RECIPE IS...
More Soup Recipes You Might Enjoy
If you try this Coconut Lime Soup recipe, let me know how it turns out by leaving a comment and/or a rating below! And make sure you're following along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for more wildly nutritious recipes!
LIME IN THE COCONUT SOUP
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
- Add in the onion, stirring for a minute or two.
- Then, add the garlic, stirring for another minute.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook for few minutes or until the onions become transparent.
- Add in the vegetable broth, coconut milk and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to medium-low.
- Stir in the salt, cover and let simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Serve warm and garnish with green onion or chives, sprouts and lime slices.